December 19, 2008

Laza's List

Ok, I'm going to go for the doctorate, which is 24 graphic novels. Here is a list of some I think I want to read:

  1. Cages, Dave McKean
  2. Berlin: Book One, Jason Lutes
  3. Berlin: Book Two, Jason Lutes
  4. Jar of Fools, Jason Lutes
  5. Mother, Come Home, Paul Hornschemeier
  6. Violent Cases, Neil Gaiman
  7. Mr. Punch, Neil Gaiman
  8. The Books of Magic, Neil Gaiman
  9. The Contract with God Trilogy, Will Eisner
  10. Ghost World, Daniel Clowes
  11. Epileptic, David B.
  12. Paul Auster's City of Glass, Paul Karasik
  13. The Alcoholic, Dean Haspiel
  14. Blue Pills, Frederik Peeters
  15. The Magical Life of Long Tack Sam
  16. Cairo, Willow Wilson
  17. Fables Vol. 11
  18. Sandman Vol. 1 and 2 (possibly more?)
I'll always be on the lookout for more. :)

6 comments:

Alea said...

You got some good ones in there! I've read Mother, Come Home and Ghost World (you gotta watch the movie too!) Several of the other ones I'm hoping to read someday!

Unknown said...

I've seen ghost world actually, a few years ago. Back before I had any idea who Scarlett Johansen was and recognized the other girl (whose name I now can't remember) from Now and Then. I didn't know the movie was based off a graphic novel. Can't wait to read it. I'll probably end up watching the movie again too. :)

Alea said...

It's one of my favorite movies! I love it! I'm going to be reading I think 2 of Daniel Clowes other books for the challenge!

Beth F said...

I'll have to check into the books you've listed. I'm so new to this. I have my list posted here.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Neil Gaiman did graphic novels! I'm going to see if I can find one.

Thanks!! :)

Unknown said...

Neil Gaiman has a TON of graphic novels. Alot of Sandman comics. They just turned Coraline into a graphic novel, which I should probably just go ahead and add to my list. :)

Neil Gaiman is so amazing....