November 24, 2009

The Stonekeeper's Curse


The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi
Amulet, Book Two

Pages: 219 pgs.
Ages: 10+
First Published: Sept, 2009
Rating: 4/5

First sentence:

"Let go of me."


Reason for Reading: Next in series. Cybils nominee

Acquired: I received a review copy from the publisher.

Comments: It's been awful long wait since the first book in this series that I had to sit down and think a bit before I dove into this eagerly anticipated sequel. While Book 1 was all dark and foreboding, this second in the, I assume, trilogy gets right into the action. We find out all the answers and reasons for Emily's attachment with the Amulet and what her quest must be whether she wants it or not. Her brother also has an important part to play in saving this world. New friends are met and the enemy is shown in it's full evil wickedness. A compelling, fast-paced, action packed story with plenty of odd creatures, magic and hand-to-hand combat. Also an intriguing story, beautifully illustrated and the author has created a fascinating world. I just hope we don't have to wait another 20 months for Book Three!

Nicola

No comments: